Supply Chain Transportation Supervisor
Fontana, CA 92335 US
Now Hiring Supply Chain Transportation Supervisor for large food distribution center located in Fontana, CA.
Pay $66, 560
Job Purpose: Primary function of the job is to provide day-to-day supervision and
Administration representation for Supply Chain Inbound Transportation
Department (SCIT), while also performing general dispatch duties to support the
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The On-Site Supervisor provides guidance for their location managing workflow/task execution
and the integration of all functions respective to SCIT department.
- Acts as first line supervisor for designated daily operations.
- Maintain high levels of communication levels with Customer
- Takes emergency and non-emergency requests for assistance.
- Provides assistance to all dispatch related matters associated with SCIT department.
- Maintains on-going communication and coordination of activities between all operations affected
by SCIT department.
- Monitors each PO tracking sheet by DC to report to Customer, ensuring data valid and up to date.
- Ensuring System Maintenance for Truckmate and Portal daily operations to be maintained.
- Review initial Rate Requests requested by Customer
- Lead the team on Backhaul Opportunity searches to reduce cost to customer.
- May perform other support staff functions as requested by manager.
- Requires proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and related applications.
- Have (TMS) Transportation Management Systems software knowledge related to load processing,
quote request, shipment tracking preferred but not required.
- Preferred experience with TruckMate, PC Miler, Fleetmatics, RoadNet, or related systems.
- Must have strong analytical skills, including the ability to extract, compile and analyze data.
- Proficiency in English grammar, spelling, punctuation, and simple mathematical functions such as
addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, ratios, etc.
- Bilingual is a plus but not required.
- Advanced knowledge related to the department functions
- Ability to detect errors, determine causes, and make corrections as appropriate
-Interpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain effective and appropriate working
relationships with customers, co-workers, and representatives of other agencies.
- Must be able to interact with all levels of upper management and have excellent written and
verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to manage and lead a diverse workforce.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. Supplemented by advanced college coursework in data
processing or related field preferred.
- Two to four years of directly related experience preferred but not required.
- A combination of education and experience may substitute if there is demonstrated knowledge
ability and skills to perform the work.
- Ability to work graveyard hours, weekends, and holidays. Flexibility of schedule is a must!
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, with experience in coaching, counseling and conflict
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment, adapting readily to change.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to work standing up or sitting down for long periods of time.
- Climbing Stairs
- Must be able to traverse and access all areas of a warehouse environment.
- Must be able to work in a Distribution Center environment with a variation of temperatures.